Void energy management & Tenant switching services
TENANCY PRIVACY NOTICE April 2019
Energy Angels understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
Energy Angels is a limited company registered in England under company number 10383183.
Registered address: Kings House, St Johns Square, Wolverhampton, WV2 4DT | Company Reg:
Data Protection point of contact: Lewis Taylor.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: 01902 585500
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Name, contact details and address;
We collect this personal data from your Landlord.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Ensuring your Landlord and Energy Suppliers are provided with up to date accurate information on your tenancy Supplying our products and services to you under the pre-existing contract.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time).
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- For a period no longer than 12 months after the duration of your tenancy ending so that any billing disputes can be arbitrated.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All communication between your Landlord, Energy Angels and your current energy supplier is either sent encrypted or added directly to Energise.
- All personal information is stored digitally within the Energise portal. Energise is a secure certificated portal that has GDPR compliant measures of security built in, to ensure all personal information is stored securely.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may share your personal data with other companies in our group for business purposes, Housing Associations as required under the terms of your Tenancy and with Energy Suppliers. Sharing of such data will be limited to your name, contact details and change of tenancy date.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal address below. For more information please request a copy of our Subject Access Request procedure.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Name: Lewis Taylor
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01902 585500
Postal Address: Energy Angels, Kings House, St Johns Square, Wolverhampton WV2 4DT.